To enhance the personal and economic independence of blind and severely visually impaired persons of all ages in Arkansas.
Consumers are knowledgeable of their rights and resources and empowered to live independently throughout their lives.
DSB Core Values
- Every person matters.
- Empowered individuals help themselves.
- Consumers deserve access to good rehabilitation.
- We have responsibilities to provide knowledge and services that work.
- Partnering with communities and families is essential to the success of the individuals we serve.
Philosophy and Goals
The Division of Services for the Blind is dedicated to the independence of Arkansans who are blind or visually impaired and is committed to the principle that these individuals have the right to make informed choices regarding where they live, where they work, how they participate in the community, and how they interact with others.
Our mission is to work in partnership with these Arkansans by assisting them in obtaining the information they need to make informed choices and by providing them with access to services that increase their opportunities to live as they choose.
Within the constraints of state and federal laws and based on available funds, the Division of Services for the Blind fulfills its mission through the following goals:
- Employment – To assist Arkansans who are blind or visually impaired to secure or maintain employment that is consistent with their skills, abilities, and interests.
- Rehabilitation Teaching – To assist Arkansans who are blind or visually impaired to live as independently as possible through the development of skills, accommodations, or adaptations that are necessary to perform all activities of daily living.
- Prevention of Blindness – To assist in preventing blindness by stabilizing vision, and, where possible, restoring vision.
|Dr. Cassondra Williams||DSB Director||501-682-0361|
|Betsy Barnes||DSB Assistant Director||501-682-0330|
|Vacant||DSB Chief Fiscal Officer||501-682-4771|
|Jim Pearson||DSB Administrator, Business & Technology||501-682-0350|
|Dr. Megan Lamb||Field Administrator||501-682-5730|